I had a great feeling about LA’s newest boutique In Residence, since I first received the invite earlier in the month.Â They showed an uniqueness with the philosophy of ‘quality over quantity ‘ and last night was no let down. With a distinct message of giving us something a little different in a shopping experience, which we all want, we entered In Residence: a boutique for men and women that ignites passion for old and new, providing an experience where fashion, art and community collide. I give them kudos for bringing in lines that you maybe have either just heard of (if you are in the know) or have never heard before – and lines that you will LOVE. (see sample lines at the bottom of the post)
In Residence | 2051 Sawtelle Boulevard | Los Angeles, CAÂ 90025
Owners Rachel Salzman and Tracy Moulton
Tracey Moulton and RachelÂ Salzman met in LA. With years of combined work in business, styling, retail and fashion – they seem to have a recipe for success. Tracey owned a vintage clothing store in NewYork City, Exquisite Costome Vintage, so if you like elements ofÂ OLD and NEW as much as I do, you’ll be very pleased with their selection. I coulnd’t have been happier to see Odylne, a line I just stublemed upon and have been obsessing over, brought into the store. See the Grecian Goddess dress below. DIVINE!
They carry CLOAKS!
Couldn't stop staring at the hippie chic cream blouse - the rose went perfectly. The colorways they chose were perfection for LA's Fall.
Loren Stewart jewelry
Some fantastic studs.
Along with the beautiful shop, they brought in a great crowd as well -Â stylish, friendly and a few known names and faces you’ve probably seen before…scroll down below to see more..
I felt almost as if we were in someones home – the feeling was very welcoming, relaxed and unpretentious.
A must have this season, BOLD PANTS!Â But only if you can pull it off like this auburn curly haired belle. She rocked her look perfectly with her funky frames, high bun and long satchel bag.
Cutest preggers girl ever, right?!
It’s funny how close girlfriends start to dress alike after they’ve spent enough time together.Â Colorways are ‘Fall appropriate’ and the accessories are enough just to complete the look – they could be straight out of a window display at Barnes, don’t you think?
LA's DJ Martin Pettis, modeling the MEN'S SWEATER OF THE SEASON. In store now - everyone was loving this amazing sweater.Â Chunky knits are a MUST HAVE for men and women alike.
- Tracey and Rachel (owners pictured center) with hosts Vanessa Carlton (left) and Julia Stiles (right)
Actor Topher Grace and friends
“The lines In Residence will be carrying are either new to LA or underrepresented, but that is, of course, what we are so excited about” explain Rachel and Tracey.
Sampling of lines In Residence will carry:
- In Residence â€“ In house line of luxe basics for men and women. The first collection represents four staples pieces that will become a mainstay in your wardrobe. The perfect tee, throwback sweatshirt, classic henley, and a super cozy softie. All made of %100 cotton and produced in Los Angeles.Â The next collection of In Residence wardrobe essentials is already in the works.
- Electric Feathers- Beautifully constructed and unique silk dresses and jumpers. Heavily featured at No.6 in NY and at the Montauk Surf Lodge this summer. Â In Residence will feature an exclusive hand-died selection of one-of-a-kind pieces for the In Residence opening event.
- Tenet â€“ A new young retailer that shares the simple, clean aesthetic of In Residence.Â Basics for men, such as chambray shirts, classic knits, etc. http://www.refinery29.com/the-hamptons-most-surprising-new-shop.php
- Upstate â€“ Amazing oversize shawls and scarves in crinkled and raw silks. Hippie-chic but wearable and fantastic. www.youreupstate.com
- OdylyneÂ – Feminine and easy to wear tops, trousers and dresses. Â For the holidays, In Residence will feature more formal pieces from the collection: ruffles and a little bit of sparkly.
- H. Fredriksson â€“ Sophisticated tailoring and eco-friendly production. www.internationalplayground.com/HFAW10.html
- Ernest Alexander – Accessories for men. Simple leather belts, chambray ties,Â etc. www.internationalplayground.com/ea10.html
- Velva Sheen â€“ A recently revived old-school basics line. Â Carrying their classic tees in 2 packs for men.
- Nina Z – clogs. www.ninaznyc.com/index.php
- Boyy Bag â€“ Up and coming designer handbags. Chic,Â and wearable with a little bit of edge. www.boyybag.com/army.html
- Loren Stewart jewelry â€“ opening jewelry for In Residence â€“ www.lorenstewart.com
- Vintage: Selection of everything from basic Levis to repurposed army backpacks, etc. Tons of handpicked dresses, jumpers, sweatersâ€¦things we have found from coast to coast in a few months of thrifting.
- Fragrance: In Residence custom organic body oils in two easy to layer unisex fragrances
Last 3 PHOTOS Courtesy of Preface PR | Los Angeles, CA 90036