Monthly Archives: December 2012
LOOKING AHEAD TO 2013…
The year has come to a close and I wanted to take a moment to share some of my New Year’s resolutions for 2013. Have you thought about what you’d like to accomplish in 2013? I recently heard something on a documentary called, ‘HAPPY,’ that made me think. They said 40% of someone’s happiness has to do with the leisurely activities they do in their free time. It’s so important for us as people to constantly challenge ourselves to get out of our routine and create newness in our lives. New activities, new hobbies and find new ways to be our best selves. Following are the ways I will be striving in 2013 to be the best Kristen, so that I can only better those around me. Blessings to you all for a wonderful, joyous, 2013.
1. Get creative! The times when I am being creative are probably some of my happiest times. I am striving in 2013 to make better collages, take more creative pictures, and create more beauty through fashion for you all to enjoy.
2. More and more photos – photography is innate in me and I haven’t fully yet explored this outlet of creativity as much as I could. This year I will be taking many many more photos.
3. Dance… I used to dance in college. I plan to take it back up again. This year I’d like to explore more modern dance.
4. Give…Think outside of myself as much as possible and strive to make those close to me happier in any way that I can.
5. More Service – this is a general statement, but super important resolution. I hope to volunteer more, create more opportunities for my clients, and help our clients do even more of the amazing work that they do. See Raven + Lily and Sseko Designs to get an idea of what I’m referring to.
6. Push the fashion limits and create beauty and poetry without words, but with clothes, colors and texture. I.E., Style Wax Poetic .
7. Celebrate – the beautiful, tiny, treasures in life.
8. Practice Gratitude – working with the clients that we do, I have the opportunity to learn about some of the most beautiful cultures in the world. They have next to nothing, yet they want to give you everything, still. We are blessed. We have toilets, clothes, inner and outer beauty, family and friends. I have the opportunity to share my heart and passion with you through Style Wax Poetic. I am grateful, and we must not ever lost that feeling in 2013!
9. Meditate more – I am always my best self when I take time out of my date to mediate and pray. This can be more spiritual reasons or nonspiritual reasons. I think it can be wonderful for everyone, whatever their interests are. More inner peace for all, we all deserve it.
10. Live colorfully! I have a lot of simple colors on my wardrobe, but I love COLOR. This year, I’m going to be more BOLD with my wardrobe. Watch and see..
11. More interviews – In 2013, I plan to dive deeper and find out more behind the scenes of designers, musicians, and photographers. Yay!
12. Rebrand – I will be rebraning very very soon. This will be like a fresh new start of a relationship. From me, to you, with love.
13. Love more openly, to all and to the one who deserves it most.
13. Enjoy the fabulous, beauty, of clothes, creativity and all the things that Style Wax Poetic has brought into my life.
Live, love, enjoy and be fashionable!
You'll also love...
Shoes.. it’s all about the shoes! They can make or break an outfit. I’ve been waiting for some of these amazing booties to go on sale before bitting the bullet and making the purchase. The best part about it? They’re about 50% off – big savings and now is definitely the time to buy boots. I thought I’d share so you can score on some of these amazing deals. The first one, these adorable booties for only $30!
ASOSASOS.com (UK)ARROW Point Ankle Boots with Toecap
Was $60, Now $30 – Buy HERE.
BCBGeneration ‘Chazz’ Bootie
Was: $148.95, Now: $89.37; 40% OFF – Buy HERE
Jessica Simpson ‘Khalen’ Boot
Was: $209.95Now: $104.96, 50% OF – Buy HERE
Joe’s ‘Faye’ Leather Ankle Boot
Was: $224.95; Now: $112.47; 50% OFF – Buy HERE
Was $140.00; Now $70.00 – Buy HERE
B Brian Atwood – Fuveau Platform Booties
Pour La Victoire – Volkova Booties
Modern Vintage Shoes – Allison Chunky Heel Booties
It’s officially winter and Los Angeles was feeling the cold weather this weekend – brrrrr! I’ve been spending a lot of time in doors these days, enjoying the Christmas tree, making dinners and hanging out with friends at the apartment. But when it’s time to get out, the layers are key! I love leather jackets and feel it’s always a great way to incorporate a little ‘rocker chic’ into your outfit. It was freezing and starting to rain but we took a couple snaps in the neighborhood, followed by a delicious cocktail at Messhall and pizza at Little Doms. Quite the perfect day if you ask me! Wishing you all wonderful times with friends, family and more.