Get SWP in Your Inbox
THIS MONTH’S FAVES
GOLDFADEN MD AMBASSADOR
Category Archives: BEAUTIFY YOUR LIFE
Happy Friday, loves! Did you catch the finale of Project Runway last night? As I mentioned on Instagram last night, I’ve partnered with Mary Kay Cosmetics, to share with you how you can get the gorgeous beauty look from the runway last night. All looks were created by a very talented artist, Luis Casco, who I’m literally obsessed with after recreating the beauty look he envisioned. Not only that, I’ve been reallyimpressed by Mary Kay cosmetics and their quality products. (They’re definitely not just the brand your mom used to sell).
THE LOOK - Amanda Valentine’s Final Project Runway Look
This look is great for all skin tons and offers a dramatic, yet natural look because there are no harsh colors are used. Bronzes are great for offering a dramatic look without making it feel like you painted your face to unrecognizable.! Plus it offers a mild smokey effect.
Ok, let’s get to it! If I can do it, I promise you can to.
STEP ONE – COVER YOUR BASES
The first step is to use Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Amber Blaze (make sure your face is clean and moisturized). This project is used on EYE as highlighter, covering the the entire lid up to the crease. It’s a gorgeous color even on its own but for this tutorial, we want a little more dramatic look on the eye, so we move on to stop two.
STEP TWO – IT’S GETTING DRAMATIC
For step two use another Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color but in Copper Glow, which his just slightly darker than our base shadow in Amber Blaze. For this, take a new brush so that you don’t mix colors and start at the mid of your eyelid and extend to the corner. Your aiming to gradually get darker as you reach the corner of your eye.
STEP THREE – SMOKEY IS SEXY
Step three is the last lid color and the darkest of all three. We used the Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Truffle, which is used to add the smokey effect. You’ll want to use this product sparingly as a little goes a long way! Use the same brush that you did for the 2nd mineral shadow it’s similar color and start in the crease of your eye (corner) and extend in. You’ll want to keep most of the product in the corner of your eye and in the crease.
Now that all the color is on your eye, you’ll want to use a blending brush and BLEND, BLEND, BLEND! (*NOTE – this is when I like add my overall BB Cream or foundation to even out your skin tone as some of the shadows may fall under your eye)
I’m a blonde with green eyes and I’ve come to love LOVE bronze eyeliner. Black and dark brown can look very harsh for day so I’ve really been into bronze or plums for lining my eyes. This step is very simple, just use Mary Kay Eyeliner in Bronze to line the entirety of your eye – it’s going to make the color really pop!
STEP FIVE- LUSCIOUS LASHES
This was the first time I’ve used Mary Kay mascara and it was amazing! It didn’t clump and it provides a lot of length. Here’s what it should look like after your eye lids are complete.
STEP FIVE – I’M BLUSHING
For this step, you’ll add a a natural blush (Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Sparkling Cider) to contour and highlight your cheeks. This helps add a dramatic effect to your entire look and bring it all together.
STEP FIVE – KISSABLE LIPS (WE’RE ALMOST DONE!)
You see here, her lips are natural yet they definitely add to the full look, bringing out her eyes and her cheeks.
THE FINAL LOOK!
Buy the Entire Look Here!
You May Also Like...
There are so many products on the market and new products coming out, it’s hard to know what to buy! Does it really work? Is it worth the cost? What’s the latest products? This new series will break it down for you.
1. Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel – Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel refreshes and invigorates the delicate eye area for a renewed appearance. I have to say, I was gifted this to try but I will definitely be purchasing it again as I was blown away by the results. The product has aloe vera, which moisturizes and heals, and a calendula extract which softens the skin. Cucumber essence tightens pores and decongests to reduce puffiness. Eyebright extract works to constrict capillaries to brighten around the eye area while hyaluronic acid binds moisture to the skin for an instant plumping effect. I felt it working and I really think I’ve noticed a firmness. Cost $40. Rating = 10. SWP APPROVED
2. Essie Foot Scrub – Essie is the champion of nail polish, it would only make sense that they put out a full scrub, moisturizer, and oil to prepare your hands and feet before polishing. Straight from the salon, the essie spa pedicure line is designed as a hydra-resurfacing system to deliver exfoliation and moisturization for optimal results. Wash away dead skin cells and rough patches to reveal softer skin and the scent is really amazing! Rating = 9. SWP APPROVED
3. Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream – Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream is a lightly-scented, fast-absorbing moisturizer that hydrates your skin. They say over 8 weeks, its formula with a brightening complex fades the look of dark spots, age spots, sun spots and discoloration – evening your overall skin tone. I haven’t had it that long, but it does feel really nice on my skin and feels like it would smoothen out everything. Rating = 8. Cost-effective. SWP APPROVED
4. Deborah Lipman – Lately, I’m obsessed with darker nail polish because it goes with everything, especially the latest fall colors. I’m also completely against buying cheap nail polish – there’s a reason it’s only $3, it doesn’t really work – so Deborah’s line is always a good choice. SWP APPROVED
5. Supermodel Body’ Slimmer Shimmer Shape, Hydrate & Glow - Last week, I celebrated the launch of Charlotte Tilbury into Nordstrom. We walked away with a few of her products and I’ve been complete impressed. For one, the package is gorgeous! For two, they work, but some of the prices are a little steeper than most lines. This body glow was amazing, though. I love the tube squeeze and roll process so you don’t need to get your hands completely dirty. It feels really nice too! It will cost you around $65 but if you’ll use it a lot (summer dresses, the beach, pool parties, etc) than I’d say it’s definitely worth it! Rating = 9. Cost 65. SWP APPROVED
You May Also Like...
I received this beautiful package in the mail today from one of my loves, naturally inspired skincare line Goldfaden MD. They’re the first dermatologist developed natural skincare line who is focused on antioxidants and the benefits of active plant-based complexes that offer the highest level of efficacious results. They don’t put harsh ingredients into their products that cause irritation to the skin.
You may know I’m ambassador for the brand because I believe on their company whole-heartedly. Their products are top quality, they use some of the best ingredients and I believe in their philosophy. Not only that, the people behind the brand are truly phenomenal.
I’m excited to offer you the opportunity participate in the #WOMENWHOSHINE campaign with us and receive your own Doctor’s Scrub Advance, a product I’m literally so obsessed with an a value of $98.
Dr. Goldfaden’s revolutionary exfoliating treatment rivals in-office microdermabrasion treatments & procedures. 100% Pure Ruby Crystals remove dulling skin cells, allowing antioxidant rich Organic Red Tea and skin soothing Seaweed extracts to directly impact new skin cells for deep rejuvenation. Infused with Hyaluronic Acid, this advanced foaming exfoliating treatment deeply improves the texture, tone and purity of the skin. Ideal for oily prone or combination skin.
All you need to do is enter the Rafflecopter below. Here are a few more benefits of the brand. If you’d like to buy more products from their line you can use CODE:StyleWaxPoetic for 15% off.
Organic and Natural Ingredients
No Animal Testing
Tested for All Skin Types
100% Vegetarian • Hypo Allergenic
DERMATOLOGIST DEVELOPED: Highly Efficacious, Medical Grade
NATURE INSPIRED: Clean Formulations, Natural and/or Organic Ingredients
PROBLEM SOLUTION BASED FORMULATIONS: Treatments Target Specific Skin Concerns
FORMULATIONS: Inspired by In-Office Treatments + Procedures
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You May Also Like...
Have you ever thought of using oil for cleansing?
You May Also Like...
There’s something about the change of seasons that make us feel like get organized. With summer approaching, here’s how I’m getting refreshed for summer.
1. Closet Organization
- If you haven’t worn a piece of clothing in six months or a year, get rid of it! It’s clogging up your closet and making you feel like you don’t have anything to wear, which trust me, you do.
- Buy ONLY the things you really love and you’ll be excited to pull out of your closet and wear. Save up if you need to and shop less, overtime you’ll have many more pieces you’re excited about.
- Look to others for inspiration and spend time thinking of the look you want to achieve. Emulate that look and buy pieces that will make you feel like the girl you’re inspired by.
- Invest in nice hangers. They will make everything better.
2. Beauty Routine
Nothing will make you feel more refreshed then a couple new beauty tricks and a few new shimmery and colorful makeup products. Here’s a few things I’m loving and that I recently picked up for summer.
- Coconut Oil – I use this all day erreday. I use it on my face, hands and body. Seriously, it’s the best moisturizer or makeup remover and an entire bottle is only $5! Trust me this one, you need to start.
- Colorful Lips – nothing looks better on a white t-shirt and jeans then a bold lip. The lipstick I get the most compliments believe it or not, costs $3.49 – Wet n Wild Fergie Creme Lipstick in Old School Glam.
- Highlighter – I’ve been trying to learn more about contouring and I love how beautiful a highlighter can make a face look (pictured above). I personally love a creme highlighter – try Benefits Watt’s Up! to achieve the look.
3. Plan A Weekend Getaway
A few weekends ago I went to Palm Springs with my girlfriends with Kelly GoLighty and L*Space and it was the perfect way to get refreshed and ready to kick off summer! Even if it’s just a couple hours away, a weekend getaway can make you feel refreshed and renewed. Going to somewhere sunny and warm? Make sure to enter my L*Space giveaway to get you prepared.
4. Do it all with the help of Starbucks Iced Coffee
I literally have been going to Starbucks since I was in junior high and it will always have a found place in my heart. I am a regular coffee drinker and during a busy day or a road trip, coffee is always by my side. These Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffees are extremely delicious and easy for when you don’t have time to make coffee or stop at the store. SWP approved.
How do you get refreshed for summer?
Bottled Starbucks Iced Coffee beverages are the perfect blend of premium Starbucks coffee and 2 percent milk. Available in four delicious offerings: Coffee + Milk, Low Calorie Coffee + Milk, Vanilla, and Caramel, Starbucks Iced Coffee ready-to-drink beverages are the perfect on-the-go refreshment to get you through the daily commute, big projects such as spring cleaning, or an exciting road trip with friends. Look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Starbucks Coffee Company via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks Coffee Company.
You May Also Like...
You May Also Like...
Last week, I was invited to preview and celebrate the launch of Cote’s five-free nail polish line and flagship nail care destination in Brentwood.
You May Also Like...
What are your hair problems? We all have them and while some of the problems are due to our genes (thanks mom and dad!), others are from the way treat our hair – sun, over processing, too much heat – sound familiar? Like anything else, our hair needs some TLC for it to shine.
I was asked to sample and review Hask Hair’s new line. I already knew I loved two things: they don’t test on animals (you’re talking to a serious animal lover here, I even feel guilty when I eat chicken, which is rare) and they are made here in the USA.
They’ve come out with a two new lines that are focused towards strengthening and smoothing – Keratin and Argan Oil collections.
If you hair is over processed from getting it highlighted too much or you’re out in the sun a lot (hello, Californians), the Keratin line is probably for you. Keratin Protein is the stuff your hair, skin and nails are made of and is supposed to revive, restore, calm and strengthen parched, frizzy locks—wiping out the effects of heat, humidity and over-styling and helping your hair look and feel its best. I haven’t used it long enough to see a huge dramatic change, but so far I like what I’ve seen.
Their second line is their Argan line. Also known as “liquid gold,” Argan Oil is a beauty secret in its native Morocco. Loaded with vitamins and antioxidants, Argan Oil from Morocco repairs, strengthens and moisturizes hair, all while taming frizz and adding shine. You can even use it on your hands during those dry days.
Both of these lines smell fantastic and their oils and conditioners really make your hair feel great after using. I have noticed smoother locks after using the Keratin shampoo and deep condition, without my hair being too heavy, which is really important.
To read more about the line, visit http://haskbeauty.com. They are carried at most retails stores like Wallgreens and RiteAid, so they’re easy for you to find locally.
Disclosure: The products shown and reviewed in this post have been provided by BrandBacker.com, the opinions are 100% my own.
You May Also Like...
Every year that passes, we get a little bit wiser and pick up a few new tricks along the way. As women, we pretty much love this. New products, new tips for beauty, we’re addicted. I love time with my girlfriends because it’s great to swap secrets and learn about things they’re loving that we should adopt into our own lives. In this post, I want to share a few tips and products I’ve come across in 2013, that I will definitely be using in my 2014 beauty routine.
1. Goldfaden MD Scrub – If you read my blog, you may already know I’m OBSESSED with this scrub. I became so into this line and the wonderful ladies behind it, I became an ambassador! In no way does that mean that I share their products with you only because I’m an ambassador. I truly bring you only opinions of my own. This scrub is a must-have for anyone at any age. What I love about it is the smell, the fine ruby crystals that feel so great on your face and the fact it can be used daily. It’s formulated with line-filling Hyaluronic Acid and Seaweed and Organic Red Tea Extract which provide antioxidant protection. Think of a scrub as clearing away all the bad stuff making room for good product to get in – super important! It’s $75 dollars but it will last you a while (maybe 2 months). You can also take 15% off with discount code StyleWaxPoetic. Shop it here.
2. Fruit Infused Water – if you’re like me, drinking water doesn’t come easy. And yes, we all know how important for skin and our health so I don’t have to waste time there. The solution? Fruit infused water. Seriously, it’s the best. It’s the easiest thing to make, is sugar free, and it’s delicious! You’ll need a pitcher or cold beverage jar, fruit and herbs of your choice (I love mint and cucumber, or mint and orange) and purified water. They say 8 glasses of water a day which to me is tough, but I swear it makes the biggest difference in your energy, eating habits and skin.
3. Coconut Oil – the winter months are cold and dry; using a heater only makes the air worse. I’m sure you’ve noticed a difference in your hand and skin. The solution? Simple, all natural Coconut Oil. The benefits for your hair and nails are extensive and a tiny bit goes a long way. It’s fatty acids soften hair and it will help fight frizz. For skin, the fatty acids help lock in moisture in the skin. Other uses? Try it as a lip moisturizer or even use it to take off makeup at night! Plain and simple, you’ll want to keep some coconut oil in every room in your house.
What are some of your beauty routine tips for 2014? Wishing you a great start to the new year, friends!