Category Archives: BEAUTIFY YOUR LIFE
You have a rough work week, you”re going out to an event and the thought of going home and having to get ready is exhausting. Wouldn’t you just rather have someone do it for you, while you sip on champagne, scroll Instagram and leave feeling like a million bucks? Enter Society Salon.
Us girls, we always love a good blow-out. If you have hair like me (half curly + half straight), blow-drying your hair hasn’t ever been easy. While I always joke about having someone there to help me get ready, I know I just couldn’t afford that… until now.
Society Salon is a membership salon by Sam Devine (pictured above) offering amazing prices, especially if you’re paying $40/$50 dollars each multiple times a month. How does $80 a month sound instead? Girl, I just gave you extra shopping money. #YES
Unfortunately, Society Salon is only for Los Angeles readers at this time, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see this concept pop-up in other cities soon.
$80 / month with one year commitment $120 / month with no commitment
Unlimited blowouts, haircuts, and single process color.*
$120 / month with one year commitment $200 / month with no commitment
Unlimited blowouts, haircuts, single process color, highlights, and low lights.*
$180 / month with one year commitment $280 / month with no commitment
THE SOPHISTICATE (FOR MEN)
$60 / month with one year commitment $80 / month with no commitment
Did you catch the finale of Project Runway last night? I’ve been a fan of the show and I was thrilled when Mary Kay Cosmetics reached out to me to re-create one of the runway beauty looks from the finale. All looks were created by a very talented artist, Luis Casco, who I’m literally obsessed with after recreating the beauty look he envisioned. The looks were all gorgeous and very easy to do on your own.
THE LOOK –
I chose Amanda Valentine’s Final Project Runway Look. This look is great for all skin tons and offers a dramatic, yet natural look because there are no harsh colors are used. Bronzes are great for offering a dramatic look without making it feel like you painted your face to unrecognizable! Plus, it offers a mild smokey effect.
Ok, let’s get to it If I can do it, I promise you can too.
STEP ONE – COVER YOUR BASES
The first step is to use Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Amber Blaze (make sure your face is clean and moisturized). This project is used on eye as highlighter, covering the the entire lid up to the crease. It’s a gorgeous color even on its own but for this tutorial, we want a little more dramatic look on the eye, so we move on to step two.
STEP TWO – IT’S GETTING DRAMATIC
For step two apply Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color’s Copper Glow, which is just a slightly darker base shadow in Amber Blaze. For this, take a new brush so that you don’t mix colors and start at the mid of your eyelid and extend to the corner. You’re aiming to gradually get darker as you reach the corner of your eye.
STEP THREE – SMOKEY IS SEXY
Step three is the last lid color and the darkest of all three. We used the Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Truffle to add the smokey effect. You’ll want to use this product sparingly, as a little goes a long way! Use the same brush that you did for the 2nd mineral shadow, it’s similar color so it’s OK. Start in the crease of your eye (corner) and extend in, keeping most of the product in the corner of your eye and in the crease.
Now that all the color is on your eye, you’ll want to use a blending brush and BLEND, BLEND, BLEND! (*NOTE – this is when I like add my overall BB Cream or foundation to even out your skin tone as some of the shadows may fall under your eye).
I’m a blonde with green eyes and I’ve come to LOVE bronze eyeliner. Black and dark brown liner can look very harsh, so I’ve really been into bronze or plums for lining my eyes. This step is very simple, just use Mary Kay Eyeliner in Bronze to line the entirety of your eye – it’s going to make the color really pop!
STEP FIVE- LUSCIOUS LASHES
This was the first time I’ve used Mary Kay mascara and it was amazing! It didn’t clump and it provides a lot of length. Here’s what it should look like after your eye lids are complete.
STEP FIVE – I’M BLUSHING
For this step, you’ll add a a natural blush (Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Sparkling Cider) to contour and highlight your cheeks. This helps add a dramatic effect to your entire look and bring it all together.
STEP FIVE – KISSABLE LIPS (WE’RE ALMOST DONE!)
You see here, her lips are natural yet they definitely add to the full look, bringing out her eyes and her cheeks.
THE FINAL LOOK!
Buy the Entire Look Here!
Photography by Michel Pinto Photography
There are so many products on the market and new products coming out, it’s hard to know what to buy! Does it really work? Is it worth the cost? What’s the latest products? This new series will break it down for you.
1. Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel – Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel refreshes and invigorates the delicate eye area for a renewed appearance. I have to say, I was gifted this to try but I will definitely be purchasing it again as I was blown away by the results. The product has aloe vera, which moisturizes and heals, and a calendula extract which softens the skin. Cucumber essence tightens pores and decongests to reduce puffiness. Eyebright extract works to constrict capillaries to brighten around the eye area while hyaluronic acid binds moisture to the skin for an instant plumping effect. I felt it working and I really think I’ve noticed a firmness. Cost $40. Rating = 10. SWP APPROVED
2. Essie Foot Scrub – Essie is the champion of nail polish, it would only make sense that they put out a full scrub, moisturizer, and oil to prepare your hands and feet before polishing. Straight from the salon, the essie spa pedicure line is designed as a hydra-resurfacing system to deliver exfoliation and moisturization for optimal results. Wash away dead skin cells and rough patches to reveal softer skin and the scent is really amazing! Rating = 9. SWP APPROVED
3. Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream – Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream is a lightly-scented, fast-absorbing moisturizer that hydrates your skin. They say over 8 weeks, its formula with a brightening complex fades the look of dark spots, age spots, sun spots and discoloration – evening your overall skin tone. I haven’t had it that long, but it does feel really nice on my skin and feels like it would smoothen out everything. Rating = 8. Cost-effective. SWP APPROVED
4. Deborah Lipman – Lately, I’m obsessed with darker nail polish because it goes with everything, especially the latest fall colors. I’m also completely against buying cheap nail polish – there’s a reason it’s only $3, it doesn’t really work – so Deborah’s line is always a good choice. SWP APPROVED
5. Supermodel Body’ Slimmer Shimmer Shape, Hydrate & Glow – Last week, I celebrated the launch of Charlotte Tilbury into Nordstrom. We walked away with a few of her products and I’ve been complete impressed. For one, the package is gorgeous! For two, they work, but some of the prices are a little steeper than most lines. This body glow was amazing, though. I love the tube squeeze and roll process so you don’t need to get your hands completely dirty. It feels really nice too! It will cost you around $65 but if you’ll use it a lot (summer dresses, the beach, pool parties, etc) than I’d say it’s definitely worth it! Rating = 9. Cost 65. SWP APPROVED
I received this beautiful package in the mail today from one of my loves, naturally inspired skincare line Goldfaden MD. They’re the first dermatologist developed natural skincare line who is focused on antioxidants and the benefits of active plant-based complexes that offer the highest level of efficacious results. They don’t put harsh ingredients into their products that cause irritation to the skin.
You may know I’m ambassador for the brand because I believe on their company whole-heartedly. Their products are top quality, they use some of the best ingredients and I believe in their philosophy. Not only that, the people behind the brand are truly phenomenal.
I’m excited to offer you the opportunity participate in the #WOMENWHOSHINE campaign with us and receive your own Doctor’s Scrub Advance, a product I’m literally so obsessed with an a value of $98.
Dr. Goldfaden’s revolutionary exfoliating treatment rivals in-office microdermabrasion treatments & procedures. 100% Pure Ruby Crystals remove dulling skin cells, allowing antioxidant rich Organic Red Tea and skin soothing Seaweed extracts to directly impact new skin cells for deep rejuvenation. Infused with Hyaluronic Acid, this advanced foaming exfoliating treatment deeply improves the texture, tone and purity of the skin. Ideal for oily prone or combination skin.
All you need to do is enter the Rafflecopter below. Here are a few more benefits of the brand. If you’d like to buy more products from their line you can use CODE:StyleWaxPoetic for 15% off.
Organic and Natural Ingredients
No Animal Testing
Tested for All Skin Types
100% Vegetarian • Hypo Allergenic
DERMATOLOGIST DEVELOPED: Highly Efficacious, Medical Grade
NATURE INSPIRED: Clean Formulations, Natural and/or Organic Ingredients
PROBLEM SOLUTION BASED FORMULATIONS: Treatments Target Specific Skin Concerns
FORMULATIONS: Inspired by In-Office Treatments + Procedures
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Have you ever thought of using oil for cleansing?
There’s something about the change of seasons that make us feel like get organized. With summer approaching, here’s how I’m getting refreshed for summer.
1. Closet Organization
- If you haven’t worn a piece of clothing in six months or a year, get rid of it! It’s clogging up your closet and making you feel like you don’t have anything to wear, which trust me, you do.
- Buy ONLY the things you really love and you’ll be excited to pull out of your closet and wear. Save up if you need to and shop less, overtime you’ll have many more pieces you’re excited about.
- Look to others for inspiration and spend time thinking of the look you want to achieve. Emulate that look and buy pieces that will make you feel like the girl you’re inspired by.
- Invest in nice hangers. They will make everything better.
2. Beauty Routine
Nothing will make you feel more refreshed then a couple new beauty tricks and a few new shimmery and colorful makeup products. Here’s a few things I’m loving and that I recently picked up for summer.
- Coconut Oil – I use this all day erreday. I use it on my face, hands and body. Seriously, it’s the best moisturizer or makeup remover and an entire bottle is only $5! Trust me this one, you need to start.
- Colorful Lips – nothing looks better on a white t-shirt and jeans then a bold lip. The lipstick I get the most compliments believe it or not, costs $3.49 – Wet n Wild Fergie Creme Lipstick in Old School Glam.
- Highlighter – I’ve been trying to learn more about contouring and I love how beautiful a highlighter can make a face look (pictured above). I personally love a creme highlighter – try Benefits Watt’s Up! to achieve the look.
3. Plan A Weekend Getaway
A few weekends ago I went to Palm Springs with my girlfriends with Kelly GoLighty and L*Space and it was the perfect way to get refreshed and ready to kick off summer! Even if it’s just a couple hours away, a weekend getaway can make you feel refreshed and renewed. Going to somewhere sunny and warm? Make sure to enter my L*Space giveaway to get you prepared.
4. Do it all with the help of Starbucks Iced Coffee
I literally have been going to Starbucks since I was in junior high and it will always have a found place in my heart. I am a regular coffee drinker and during a busy day or a road trip, coffee is always by my side. These Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffees are extremely delicious and easy for when you don’t have time to make coffee or stop at the store. SWP approved.
How do you get refreshed for summer?
Bottled Starbucks Iced Coffee beverages are the perfect blend of premium Starbucks coffee and 2 percent milk. Available in four delicious offerings: Coffee + Milk, Low Calorie Coffee + Milk, Vanilla, and Caramel, Starbucks Iced Coffee ready-to-drink beverages are the perfect on-the-go refreshment to get you through the daily commute, big projects such as spring cleaning, or an exciting road trip with friends. Look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Starbucks Coffee Company via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks Coffee Company.