Category Archives: BEAUTIFY YOUR LIFE
Have you ever thought of using oil for cleansing?
You May Also Like...
There’s something about the change of seasons that make us feel like get organized. With summer approaching, here’s how I’m getting refreshed for summer.
1. Closet Organization
- If you haven’t worn a piece of clothing in six months or a year, get rid of it! It’s clogging up your closet and making you feel like you don’t have anything to wear, which trust me, you do.
- Buy ONLY the things you really love and you’ll be excited to pull out of your closet and wear. Save up if you need to and shop less, overtime you’ll have many more pieces you’re excited about.
- Look to others for inspiration and spend time thinking of the look you want to achieve. Emulate that look and buy pieces that will make you feel like the girl you’re inspired by.
- Invest in nice hangers. They will make everything better.
2. Beauty Routine
Nothing will make you feel more refreshed then a couple new beauty tricks and a few new shimmery and colorful makeup products. Here’s a few things I’m loving and that I recently picked up for summer.
- Coconut Oil – I use this all day erreday. I use it on my face, hands and body. Seriously, it’s the best moisturizer or makeup remover and an entire bottle is only $5! Trust me this one, you need to start.
- Colorful Lips – nothing looks better on a white t-shirt and jeans then a bold lip. The lipstick I get the most compliments believe it or not, costs $3.49 – Wet n Wild Fergie Creme Lipstick in Old School Glam.
- Highlighter – I’ve been trying to learn more about contouring and I love how beautiful a highlighter can make a face look (pictured above). I personally love a creme highlighter – try Benefits Watt’s Up! to achieve the look.
3. Plan A Weekend Getaway
A few weekends ago I went to Palm Springs with my girlfriends with Kelly GoLighty and L*Space and it was the perfect way to get refreshed and ready to kick off summer! Even if it’s just a couple hours away, a weekend getaway can make you feel refreshed and renewed. Going to somewhere sunny and warm? Make sure to enter my L*Space giveaway to get you prepared.
4. Do it all with the help of Starbucks Iced Coffee
I literally have been going to Starbucks since I was in junior high and it will always have a found place in my heart. I am a regular coffee drinker and during a busy day or a road trip, coffee is always by my side. These Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffees are extremely delicious and easy for when you don’t have time to make coffee or stop at the store. SWP approved.
How do you get refreshed for summer?
Bottled Starbucks Iced Coffee beverages are the perfect blend of premium Starbucks coffee and 2 percent milk. Available in four delicious offerings: Coffee + Milk, Low Calorie Coffee + Milk, Vanilla, and Caramel, Starbucks Iced Coffee ready-to-drink beverages are the perfect on-the-go refreshment to get you through the daily commute, big projects such as spring cleaning, or an exciting road trip with friends. Look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Starbucks Coffee Company via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks Coffee Company.
You May Also Like...
You May Also Like...
Last week, I was invited to preview and celebrate the launch of Cote’s five-free nail polish line and flagship nail care destination in Brentwood.
You May Also Like...
What are your hair problems? We all have them and while some of the problems are due to our genes (thanks mom and dad!), others are from the way treat our hair – sun, over processing, too much heat – sound familiar? Like anything else, our hair needs some TLC for it to shine.
I was asked to sample and review Hask Hair’s new line. I already knew I loved two things: they don’t test on animals (you’re talking to a serious animal lover here, I even feel guilty when I eat chicken, which is rare) and they are made here in the USA.
They’ve come out with a two new lines that are focused towards strengthening and smoothing – Keratin and Argan Oil collections.
If you hair is over processed from getting it highlighted too much or you’re out in the sun a lot (hello, Californians), the Keratin line is probably for you. Keratin Protein is the stuff your hair, skin and nails are made of and is supposed to revive, restore, calm and strengthen parched, frizzy locks—wiping out the effects of heat, humidity and over-styling and helping your hair look and feel its best. I haven’t used it long enough to see a huge dramatic change, but so far I like what I’ve seen.
Their second line is their Argan line. Also known as “liquid gold,” Argan Oil is a beauty secret in its native Morocco. Loaded with vitamins and antioxidants, Argan Oil from Morocco repairs, strengthens and moisturizes hair, all while taming frizz and adding shine. You can even use it on your hands during those dry days.
Both of these lines smell fantastic and their oils and conditioners really make your hair feel great after using. I have noticed smoother locks after using the Keratin shampoo and deep condition, without my hair being too heavy, which is really important.
To read more about the line, visit http://haskbeauty.com. They are carried at most retails stores like Wallgreens and RiteAid, so they’re easy for you to find locally.
Disclosure: The products shown and reviewed in this post have been provided by BrandBacker.com, the opinions are 100% my own.
You May Also Like...
Every year that passes, we get a little bit wiser and pick up a few new tricks along the way. As women, we pretty much love this. New products, new tips for beauty, we’re addicted. I love time with my girlfriends because it’s great to swap secrets and learn about things they’re loving that we should adopt into our own lives. In this post, I want to share a few tips and products I’ve come across in 2013, that I will definitely be using in my 2014 beauty routine.
1. Goldfaden MD Scrub – If you read my blog, you may already know I’m OBSESSED with this scrub. I became so into this line and the wonderful ladies behind it, I became an ambassador! In no way does that mean that I share their products with you only because I’m an ambassador. I truly bring you only opinions of my own. This scrub is a must-have for anyone at any age. What I love about it is the smell, the fine ruby crystals that feel so great on your face and the fact it can be used daily. It’s formulated with line-filling Hyaluronic Acid and Seaweed and Organic Red Tea Extract which provide antioxidant protection. Think of a scrub as clearing away all the bad stuff making room for good product to get in – super important! It’s $75 dollars but it will last you a while (maybe 2 months). You can also take 15% off with discount code StyleWaxPoetic. Shop it here.
2. Fruit Infused Water – if you’re like me, drinking water doesn’t come easy. And yes, we all know how important for skin and our health so I don’t have to waste time there. The solution? Fruit infused water. Seriously, it’s the best. It’s the easiest thing to make, is sugar free, and it’s delicious! You’ll need a pitcher or cold beverage jar, fruit and herbs of your choice (I love mint and cucumber, or mint and orange) and purified water. They say 8 glasses of water a day which to me is tough, but I swear it makes the biggest difference in your energy, eating habits and skin.
3. Coconut Oil – the winter months are cold and dry; using a heater only makes the air worse. I’m sure you’ve noticed a difference in your hand and skin. The solution? Simple, all natural Coconut Oil. The benefits for your hair and nails are extensive and a tiny bit goes a long way. It’s fatty acids soften hair and it will help fight frizz. For skin, the fatty acids help lock in moisture in the skin. Other uses? Try it as a lip moisturizer or even use it to take off makeup at night! Plain and simple, you’ll want to keep some coconut oil in every room in your house.
What are some of your beauty routine tips for 2014? Wishing you a great start to the new year, friends!
You May Also Like...
As a blogger, we have the opportunity to attend tons of fabulous events and I’m excited to share one with you happening this month in Santa Monica. You’re invited to celebrate the Grand Re-Opening of L’OCCITANE’s 3rd Street Promenade Boutique. In honor of the special occasion, Crème de la Crème will pay homage to the brand’s birthplace by serving Provençal inspired cocktails (with any $25 purchase) and hour d’oeuvres.
The revamped flagship-style boutique offers a stunning French soap station along with hand cream bars and facial areas where consumers will be invited to indulge in signature L’OCCITANE beauty rituals such as; mini facials, hand massages and fragrance layerings. Customers may also enjoy an exclusive discount of 15% off any purchase of $25 or more.
GIVEAWAY: If you don’t live in Los Angeles, don’t worry. I’ve partnered with L’OCCITANE to offer SWP readers a chance to win L‘OCCITANE’s new Limited Edition Shea October. All you have to do is follow SWP on Instagram @stylewaxpoetic and comment below letting me know you entered. Good luck!
WHERE: L’OCCITANE Boutique
3rd Street Promenade
(Between Arizona & Wilshire)
Santa Monica, CA 90401
WHY: Celebrating the Grand Re-Opening of L’OCCITANE’s 3rd Street Promenade Boutique
WHEN: Thursday, November 14th 5:15PM-8:30PM
You May Also Like...
Did you know, most of the items you need for your beauty routine can be found in your kitchen? As a beauty blogger, I’ve started to change the way I think about what I put on my skin and I’m learning more daily. I will always remember my time with the ladies behind Peacock Apothecary. They taught me to look at beauty items the same way I’d look at my food – who wants something that can sit on the shelf for years? They make all of their products to order and they reminded me of how simple some products can be to make at home. Like this sugar scrub! If you haven’t made one yet, it’s time! It’s really easy, I promise.
SO, all that you’ll need, is a few ingredients – you probably already have them, which is the amazing thing.
Brown Sugar - a great gentle exfoliater.
Honey – an anti-bacterial and helps the skin retain moisture.
Oil – I used olive oil because that’s all I had, but you can use any variety of oil. Next, I will be trying coconut oil, which is great for skin, hair and nails.
Lemon – their antibacterial and antifungal properties make them a natural alternative to treat acne. Simply slice open a lemon and rub it across your face.
- Add 2 parts sugar to 1 part oil to a jar or a bowl
- Add 2 tablespoons honey
- Squeeze in a fair amount of lemon
- Mix all ingredients and enjoy!
- Make sure to keep it in a air tight sealed container
Here are a few combinations I can’t wait to try via Wellness Mama.
- Pumpkin Pie Scrub: 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spices (or just 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub: 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil and 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Lemon Hand Scrub (for after washing dishes): 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil, 15-20 drops (or more) of lemon or orange essential oil
- Vanilla Lavender Relaxing Facial Scrub: 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil, 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract and 15 drops lavender essential oil
Will you be making you’re own sugar scrub? Let me know which one is your favorite!
You May Also Like...
I’m excited to share with you that I’m officially a Daily Scrubber for GOLDFADEN MD, the first physician strength, dermatologist developed, natural skincare line in the industry. Their products are highly efficacious, non-prescription skincare solutions that utilize state-of-the-art technologies with active plant cells and anti-oxidant rich botanicals. Think of it as close as you get get to prescription strength, but naturally inspired.
Dr. Goldfadden has gone through extremes of lifestyles, which I like. He’s learned that a healthy lifestyle means eating right and taking care of your body naturally, in combination with great products. I love his approach and consideration to natural remedies and foods, not just traditional medicine. This philosophy translates to his products.
As a beauty and fashion blogger, I get to test A LOT of products and I’ve started to learn so much. For one, don’t trust a product if a celebrity is attached to it. If anything, I’ve learned to lean away from those types of lines. They aren’t chemists and a lot of time have NO clue what the products they’re promoting are made of. One beauty expert I know went through almost everything in my bathroom cabinet and I was surprised to find that most she wouldn’t put on her face. One had a form of petrolyom in it – really, gasoline on your face?
GOLDFADEN MD’s ingredients are clear and formulated with naturally inspired products. Their first ingredient is “purified water” and if you start to pay attention, you’ll be shocked on how many lines use tap water. Another reason I love GOLDFADDEN, is that they’re carried in Space NK Apothecary. Anyone in the industry knows it’s really tough to be carried there, and they only carry the “best of the best.” Lastly, I love what they stand for. They realize that for anyone to look great, it’s important to live a healthy lifestyle – i.e. eat right, drink water, wear sunscreen and sleep! The women behind the brand are amazing and truly life GOLDFADDEN’s mission statement.
SO, where can you find us scrubbers? I’ll be writing HERE on their blog every so often, talking about everything from life, a healthy lifestyle, fashion and beauty. I’ll also be sharing my reviews of their products! I can’t wait to tell you about them, two I’m already hooked on and use daily. Lastly, I’ll be sharing with you all a discount to their products, which I’m so excited for you all to try. What are you most interested in learning about when it comes to skincare?
Wishing you all a great night! XO