Category Archives: Uncategorized
Disclosure: Ace Hardware has provided free paint samples. I was also compensated for my time and this blog post. All opinions and positions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Ace Hardware.
There’s nothing like a little spring remodeling. My apartment is no where close to where I want it to be (work in progress you could say), but I do I feel a lot better when I tackle just one room at a time. That’s why I was really excited when I was approached by ACE Hardware to work together on their 31 Days of Color campaign. You may remember last post I worked with Ace? They have amazing color choices that make remodeling easy.
My color was Garden Stone, which is a very light grey. I had a white table but nothing else yet. I knew grey would be neutral so I can easily decorate around it, light enough so it doesn’t make the room smaller and a good color that will make any wall art pop (next on my list).
As much as fashion is similar to interior design, I find decorating a lot harder. In my outfits, I can switch up my style and color choices daily. Decorating takes planning in advance and if you add the wrong colors, you’re going to be left with big mess. So I prefer to stick to neutrals like whites, greys, etc.
Here is the final look of the remodel. I love the color of the walls and I think it goes well with the white. When I get bored of this look, I’m going to switch the entire look out to be a white, grey and black look. That’s what is so great about having neutrals. Thanks to Ace for working with me on this project, I had so much fun!
Going to The Paint Studio at Ace is like going to your neigh
Happy Holidays, friends! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas with family and loved ones. I spent mine in San Diego in 80 degree weather! I couldn’t believe it, but then again I could, because that’s Souther California for you. I enjoyed it but I’ve always wanted a white snowy Christmas! Maybe one year. :)
I’ve been searching the internet high and low for some of the best deals for after Christmas. It’s the time of year where retailers literally mark everything down and try to get their season’s product to move as fast as possible. It’s THE best time to buy.
Sole Society Booties: To start, I’ve been eyeing these booties in cobalt blue for a couple months now and haven’t made the purchase. They are now marked down to $40, such a steal. I bought them in blue but they also have them in red and grey.
Lauren Conrad Tulle Maxi Skirt: I wanted this in color, but for $30 I think it’s great in black too. I’m going to add a belt and wear it with a white crew neck t-shirt with a touch of bling around my neck.
Black & White Skirt: This is another amazing find, for only $25 plus 20% off when you sign up on Facebook and share your purchase link! I saw my fellow fashion blogger wearing it a while back and it looks great on. There’s tons more from SheInside that you’ll have to check out while you’re there. Faux Furs are the must-have of the season and this one is only $40. Wear it with black leg gins, boots and a simple t-shirt. If fur is too much, this cobalt blue jacket is another fab find!
Shop the rest of the goodies below and let me know what you end up getting! Have a great day beauties. XOXO
Buy these Steve Madden Derived Suede Booties HERE.
Hat – Target, Dress – H&M old but love Alexander Wang’s Slip Dress for The Outnet, Scarf c/o Bri Seely, Bracelet – H&M, Booties – Pour La Victoire old but obsessed with these and totally getting them myself, Rings – Tiffany Kunz, Sunnies – Karen Walker Number One
Here in LA, we’re still a little confused – what season is it? We should be thankful, I know, but I really can’t wait for sweater weather, cozy season, sunny with a brisk air. Well, Sunday felt like summer again (reason for my dress) while it should be fall (reason for my scarf). What temperature are you feeling? I promise we’ll on get on track soon and we’ll all be talking layers and boots, very, very soon. Until then, I hope you enjoy the post. I loved how the photos turned out, golden hour did me well. XO
Kate Spade Putting On The Ritz Stud Earrings – Gold/crystal/ Long Lapel Sleeveless Blazer in Chiffon/ isabel marant ISA-F-FREJA skirts BURGUNDY/Ruby Hat with Embossed Leather in Black – designed by Janessa Leone/Gold Chain Necklace/Jenni Kayne Pointed Toe Flats
1. WEAR: stripes! It’s one of those trends that’s difficult to go wrong and everyone loves. Shop the look:
2. GO: Check out Sunday Sessions in Grand Park. Carefully curated by Eduardo Castillo from The Eclectech, Castillo brings the beautiful soaring sounds beats of local and international DJs and producers to the heart of Downtown LA. Listen to seltry beats, bring a picnic, splash in the fountain and enjoy drinks from the delicious Pattern Bar.
3. DO: Outdoor movies are SO the thing of the summer yet I haven’t made it to one myself yet. This Sunday, Oscars Outdoors and KCRW present Style Wars, the 1983 counterculture documentary about street art and hip hop in New York City. Also, food trucks, b-boy performances, screen-printing, live art and more. You’ll have to get there early but it will be worth it!
4. WEAR: A cute simple jumper, sandals and a fedora. It’s the perfect weekend outfit to get all over town in, while looking chic and staying oh-so-comfortable.
5. DO: Throw on your biggest skirt and a bandana in your hair, grab a couple girlfriends, some wine, cheese, crackers and fruit from Trader Joes or your local market, a blanket, a big hat and spend the day under a tree relaxing. Nothing feels as good as picnicing!
If you read my blog, you know I don’t post often on mainstream music but there just a few you can’t help but love – JAY Z being one of them. This new one from JAY Z and Timberlake is not really your typical mainstream song. It takes a while to get into it, but once your in, you’re hooked. Do you like it? XSWP
Cooking has become one of my all time favorite things to do. The smell of chopped herbs delight my soul and the foods in all their beauty, elevate my mood, every time! And I adore the presentation of meals. I’ll admit, I’m sometimes more impressed with the design of the plate than the food itself. My absolute favorite part of cooking though, is gathering my friends together at my home. I’m excited to start sharing this aspect of my life with you and I’d love to hear what you’ve cooked as well. The recipe I’m sharing today is addicting, healthy (avocados are so good for you) and easy.
GRILLED CORN GUACAMOLE
What Your Need: 4 Guacamoles, 2 Tomatoes, 1 Cup Corn (1-2 ears of corn), 1 Onion (red or white), 1/4 Cup Cilantro, 1 Lime, Cream Fraiche, 1 Jalapeño
Start with 4 avocados. Half them and keep your pups away! (Chloe loves to watch me cook. She’s curious of all but mainly waiting for me to drop something.)
Put the diced avocado in the bowl. While you’re doing these initial steps, take your corn (frozen or fresh, but obviously fresh is better) and add it to a frying pan on medium. Keep an eye on it until it’s browned. This can also be done in the oven (3-7 mins).
Take the your tomato and onion and thinly slice them. You’ll want to make sure the chunks are not too big that your guests have to bite through but not too small that you’re ingredients all turn into one. A little chunky is great.
You’re bowl will look something like this before tossing. Add a good squeeze of lime (1 lime), salt/pepper and diced jalapeño (diced to small pieces). One trick, if you don’t have a jalapeño on hand (I didn’t), use a little bit of hot sauce instead. Season to taste. Mix in your Cream Fraiche to taste. I used about 2-3 tablespoons.
Lastly, mix it all up. I used a knife and fork (not sure if any culinary school would tell you to do so) but it mixed everything while cutting through the avocado. I like my guacamole it be light and airy rather than heavy and mashed to pieces. Toss it in the fridge and serve cold as your guests arrive. I always prefer to use restaurant style chips and warm them up a bit before serving.
Wow, I can’t believe it’s summer. The weather is definitely proving it so, but LA is always like this. As you may noticed, I’ve started a new feature called the Weekend Edition, which offers fun suggestions and links to cool things to try this weekend. There will be a slight focus on New York and Los Angeles, but mainly, most of these things can be done anywhere. This weekend is the kickoff of summer and I know that everyone is officially jazzed! I know I am. Here are a few things to get into this weekend…
1. WEAR IT – I fell in love with the Panama Hat years ago when I first purchased one H&M. After a few road trips, I’m sad to say it didn’t survive. This one is perfect from J Crew and will go with dresses for Sunday Brunch, shorts while riding a bike and will be perfectly chic with a swimsuit by the beach. This weekend J Crew is offering 25% off with code NEWSTYLE. Buy it here.
2. DRINK – Watermelon anything always offers the perfect way to cool down at the pool or the park with a good ready and some big sunnies. Turn it into a drink with mint and lime? Even better. It’s super simple too. Make it here.
3. MAKE – I am so in love with all these easy and fun DIY doormats. Go on, get creative this weekend. There are some that are SO EASY! This one, with its cute chevron and stenciled letters is a little intimidating, but there are tons more super simple DIY suggestions. This one is really cute, and easy!
4. RIDE – It’s the best: a bike ride with friends to lunch or a picnic. Nothing says summer more. Investing in a chic bike is not always such a bad idea. There is some great ones at Target for pretty reasonable. Then there’s the outfit (key here!). Think shorts, cute flat boots, a fun hat or even cute palazzo pants with a bikini top. I LOVE summer. This weekend in Los Angeles, CicLAvia is happening. CicLAvia temporarily removes cars from L.A. streets – and the streets fill up with smiles! Join the fun and go for a ride.
5. DO – Love Dwell magazine and live in LA? This weekend you’ll get a chance to see all those beautiful designs in the pages you read each month come to life. Dwell on Design is happening today, Sat., 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sun., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Buy tickets here – dwellondesign.com.
I’d love to hear if you try them out of if you have any submissions for things going on that I haven’t mentioned. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More goodies on…
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Yesterday, I ended the work week with some new friends drinking rose and taking in the gorgeous view of the gorgeous Thompson, Beverly Hills. It reminded me that one, I need a pool day like BAD, and two, there are a few things I need to get summer ready. A good read is a must, a chic towel (of course!) but to start you’re we all need a chic new swimsuit to help distract others from our not-so-ready summer skin. Florals, palm trees, good reads and cute nails make me ooooh so excited for summer! XX
More style on…
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter