With Thanksgiving shortly approaching, it’s time to think about table decorations. Whether you’re attending a Friendsgiving or going home to visit your family, letting the hostess know you’ll take care of the table decorations is great way to add something special to the day and take a little stress off the hostess (if she’s open to it of course). If you’re hosting the day, creating a beautiful table will help guests feel extra special. And it can be surprisingly, very easy.
From florals to nature inspired decorations, there are quite a few ways to chose to set your table. Whatever direction you decide, with just a little preparation and a stop at your local crafts and/or floral store, you’ll have your friends thinking you’re the next Martha Stewart. You’ll also find a ton of beautiful additions to your table right outside in your back yard – think acorns, branches and leaves (city kids may have to travel a little further).
Simple Florals: I love how simple this table is for Thanksgiving. It’s classy and subdue but still feeling appropriate for fall with the darker bottles and color florals.
What you’ll need:
- a variety of glass bottles, vases and mason jars (which you’ll laying around your house than you probably know.From beer bottles to and mason jars, you’ll mostly likely have enough at your home.
- florals – chose a variety of colors and styles.
- ribbons and mesh – tie a few natural looking ribbons of choice around a few of the bottles to finish the look.
Garden Like Elegance: To me, this table is everything. Elegant, extravagant, yet simple at the same time.
What You’ll Need:
- A shallow basket with handles.
- A variety of acorn squashes, pumpkins in a variety of sizes.
- Greens from your local farmers market or grocery store
- A variety of mini candles.
- Neutral Flatware
A Bright Fall: I’ve always been obsessed with painting pumpkins white. Adding floral in the inside just makes them EVEN better.
What You’ll Need:
- Pumpkins – painted white in advance.
- Florals – fresh is best
- Cake Displays for height.
Here are a few other ideas I loved or decor.
Silver/Metallic Bottle Inspiration
Wishing you all a lovely, safe holiday with family and friends. XO