Tag Archives: LA DESIGNERS
Isn’t it funny how we’re out shopping for others, yet find so many things we are coveting for our own closets? There are so many things on my wish list this season, but here are just a few of them I’ve stumbled upon over the last month. From home design, to turbans, check out Style Wax Poetic’s list #1 for the season.
1. Heidi Merrick Pillows – I discovered Los Angeles based designer Heidi Merrick at The Grove’s Pop Carts this season. In addition to her amazing RTW collection, I really was impressed with her home collection. From pillows, to throws, to super cute Heidi Merrick dolls, they will all add a touch of design for any home and they support Los Angeles. Buy HERE.
2. Heidi Merrick Pajamas – because you know you’re all lounging in your pajamas this month walking holiday movies. Yes, we love it too! Buy HERE.
3. Heidi Merrick Pillows – because one is not enough. And, they compliment each other! Buy HERE.
4. Claire Vivier Tote – I’ve known about these beautiful bags for a while now, yet haven’t seem to add one to my collection. All of Claire’s bags are chic, elegant, yet fun, like this tote with a bold orange stripe. I just love it. Buy HERE.
5. Wall Mounted Stag Bottle Opener – because it’s just cool AND only 14.99. Buy HERE.
7. ALDO Blue Booties – because I’m obseesed with this color and I’ve been wanting these for so long. Buy HERE.
8. Warby Parker RX – These are so chic! And, if you’re going to wear glasses, you better do it in style. Buy HERE.
9. Books with Style Impact: 50 Years of the Council of Fashion Designers of America – coffee table books are a must for any chic home. Keep them beautiful and interesting, just like these chic pink book covering 50 years of the Council of Fashion Designers of America. Buy HERE.
10. ASOS Chunky Knit Turban – adorable, chic, and a must for winter. This one is less than $20 from ASOS. Buy HERE.
11. Polka Dot iPhone Case – If you read my blog, you know I’m usually not into major labels like this, but I think this case is adorable! And, perfect for the holidays. Buy HERE.
12. ALDO Booties – these are perfect for just about any weekend daytime outfit. Pair them with a dress and tights, or leggings. They’re super cute AND super cheap. Buy HERE.
What’s on your wish list?
I usually don’t consider myself a rocker, but after viewing Crash & Burn’s collection, I might just be. The Los Angeles based line began in 2004,Â driven with a distinctive aesthetic; reflecting a love for Rock & Roll, tattoos and Art Nouveau. You’ll find a creative edge, a LA vibe and comfort with this line. What I love about this collection in particular, is they’ve stepped a little further into their feminine side.
LOVING the Robinson Dress (pictured last) with a low v-slit and feminine draped arms. Their high waisted tie-dye pants, paired with a shimmer black top, offers sexiness and glam. I’ve never considered myself a total rocker, but these pieces pair ‘rocker’ & ‘feminity” perfectly!
Find out more and shop online HERE.
What a lovely evening with the friends and family of Kucoon! I have fallen for the line, and I know you will too.
Andrea Spratt, the founder and designer of Kucoon, designs an elegant, whimsical line styled with layering, fringe, wraps and hoodies! Who doesn’t love a hoodie for Winter?! Her line is moody, but casual. Complicated, but just enough. The materials are so soft you could wear them to bed – just do it, I won’t tell – Â jumpsuits perfect for lounging in.
The piece of the night was the Hooded Shawl, aka “Fringe Hood”, with fringe, layering and length (pictured below.) This piece can be worn three different ways, wrapped loosely with length, double wrapped hung in the front or with the fringe scarf thrown to the side. I love the lines’ simplicity using mulitple shades of greys and stripes and keeping patterns at a minimum.Â Â Tons of maxis this season – with a touch of detail around the waist or neckline. Check out more here: http://store.kucoondesigns.com/.
Other than shopping through the $20/$30/$40 dollar bins (score?!), the rest of the evening consisted of really good peeps, good music and yummy food and drinks.
I came across a really cool jewelry line, too! Valou Tri CapsÂ – for men and women.Â Her designs are super rad, but her story is even better. Â You may have seen these similar designs lately, but let me tell you, Valou was the first to design this awesome concept! Hopefully, she’ll land her patent soon. Originally from France, Valou explained to us in her ‘ever-so-cool’ accent, that she’s designing some rings for Lady Gaga (pictured below). Think layers and layers of 3 diamonds – so Lady Gaga, so cool. She mentioned a couple rappers she’s doing some designs for too!
A fun evening with great designs – who could ask for more? Â I’m heading back soon to purchase a few pieces I’m coveting. Check out more at Kucoon.
Â xx ~ Style Wax Poetic