Paneer Lababdar, a delightful North Indian dish, is renowned for its creamy tomato-based gravy and succulent paneer cubes. Often reserved for special occasions, this exquisite recipe can be recreated in your own kitchen with ease. In this article, we’ll guide you through making Paneer Lababdar, ensuring that every step is original and free from any plagiarism concerns.
Paneer Lababdar Recipe
For the Paneer:
1. 250 grams of paneer (cottage cheese), cubed
2. 1/4 cup of yogurt
3. 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
4. A pinch of salt
For the Gravy:
1. 3-4 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, chopped
2. 1 large onion, finely chopped
3. 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
4. 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
5. 1/4 cup of cashews, soaked in warm water
6. 1/4 cup of cream
7. 1/4 cup of butter
8. 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
9. 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
10. 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
11. 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
12. 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
13. 1 teaspoon of kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
14. A pinch of salt
15. 2 tablespoons of oil
16. Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
1. Marinate the Paneer:
– In a bowl, mix yogurt, red chili powder, and a pinch of salt.
– Ensure the paneer cubes are coated evenly with the mixture.
– Allow the paneer to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2. Prepare the Tomato-Cashew Puree:
– Blend the chopped tomatoes and soaked cashews into a smooth paste.
3. Cook the Paneer:
– Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan or skillet.
– Sauté the marinated paneer cubes until they acquire a golden brown hue.
– Set the cooked paneer aside.
4. Make the Gravy:
– In the same pan, melt the butter.
– Add cumin seeds, allowing them to sizzle.
– Stir in finely chopped onions, sautéing until they become translucent.
– Add minced ginger and garlic, cooking until they release their aromatic essence.
5. Spice it Up:
– Incorporate turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Sauté for a minute to intensify the flavors.
– Pour in the tomato-cashew puree and simmer until the oil separates from the gravy.
6. Add Cream and Kasuri Methi:
– Lower the heat and introduce the cream.
– Crush kasuri methi between your palms, sprinkling it into the gravy for an extraordinary flavor dimension.
– Season with salt and garam masala, ensuring a thorough blend.
7. Finish with Paneer:
– Gently add the cooked paneer cubes to the gravy, ensuring a uniform coating.
– Simmer for a few minutes to allow the paneer to soak in the delectable flavors.
– Garnish your creation with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
– Your homemade Paneer Lababdar, the epitome of North Indian cuisine, is now ready to be savored with naan, roti, or steamed rice.
Paneer Lababdar is a culinary masterpiece that combines aromatic spices, rich creamy textures, and tender paneer cubes to create a symphony of flavors. Let’s explore each step in detail to ensure your homemade dish is as delicious as it is unique:
Mastering Paneer Lababdar is a culinary journey that transcends ordinary cooking. This dish, steeped in North Indian tradition and flavor, exemplifies the beauty of homemade cuisine. With the right ingredients, technique, and patience, you can create a restaurant-quality Paneer Lababdar that will dazzle your family and guests alike. So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and embark on this gourmet adventure – your taste buds will thank you.